Pondering your request...
Quaffee was born from a two-decade-long pursuit for the finest quality coffee. On this journey, a model for producing a
consistently high standard of coffee began to take shape: Only by sourcing exceptional coffees and ensuring they are roasted
with sensitivity to their individual characteristics can this standard be maintained.
That others shared a similar desire for coffee excellence encouraged us to begin Quaffee, hoping that our years of
accumulated experience might be of benefit. This vision has remained our core philosophy since 2006.
The symbol of a frog represents our journey. It also serves as a constant reminder to ensure that we remain bound to
our vision and true to the each individual involved in that supply of each bean we offer.
We are a group of coffee lovers that select quality sustainable coffee. We add value to the coffee
while respecting every human hand that has been involved in its production; we are privileged to
be able to roast and make this coffee available.
In all aspects of our work we do good for the product and good to all who are touched by our coffee.
We respect that we are part of a community of coffee lovers that through their support and
patronage, are able to source and enjoy great coffees from all over the world.
We Love Small Business
The owners of Quaffee believe strongly in the promotion of Small Business, and see the specialist
Small Business and Home office sectors as their primary markets. We believe that specialist small
businesses are the primary heart of the South African business landscape and that these businesses are the
future of South Africa. The business-owners we attract are normally those that are strong believers
in good service, and excellent product.
We have structured our business to have the best of small business and large business. We have the
personal touch thanks to our agent model, and we run automated back office system to ensure we
deliver consistently and in a way that follows all the recognized guidelines like GAAP and Sigma 6
Did you know? Some of our coffees are
rated as some of the best coffees of the year by Specialty Coffee
Associations around the world
Quaffee™ is a registerd Trademark
Our primary target market is divided into the following major segments:
- Small and Medium Business: our largest segment. Any small
and medium business or branch that prides itself on providing quality service, understands that the
small things matter. Our clients are favourite stop off points for their clients.
These clients are our biggest marketers they have helped spread the word.
- Coffee lover home user: the fussiest client and therefore
our bench mark. The serious coffee lover normally takes their passion with them,
and can be evangelical. This is important if we are going to achieve our mission.
We also have an auxiliary market, which typically come to us via our clients
- Upmarket or Boutique Accommodation Providers: For the discerning
provider of accommodation that strives to provide the best of everything our fine coffees are often the
cherry on their cake.
- Owner Run Coffee Houses: We have found that only owner run coffee
houses appreciate how particular we are about our coffees.
As a result we only provide our coffees to the most passionate of people
in the coffee bar and restaurant business.
Exempt Micro Enterprise
Quaffee is an Exempt Micro Enterprise (EME), making it a Level 4 BEE company. This means for every rand spent with
Quaffee you get a Rand credit as a BEE (Black Economic Empowerment) supplier.
Privacy is important to us; all information submitted to Quaffee via this website is treated as private.
- We will only use your information submitted with the Quaffee staff that require it.
- You can at any time request that your name and details be removed from our records.
- Quaffee will not sell, exchange, or otherwise share any information about you with third parties,
unless we have your express permission.
- Quaffee hates spam, even in sarmies. We only send solicited communication and will not send spam,
maintain spam mailing lists, or support the activities of spammers.
- The information you have provided us will be used for the queries or orders that you have place, and
at most drop we may drop you informative emails, about coffee, coffee machines, any events
that we may run and news that will affect you and your coffee life choices
- We will never request that you provide banking details all our payments details for
goods and services received are on our invoices.
- Our credit card payment system is fully outsourced; we retain no information from that
system at all. We have no access to any banking or credit information from our Pay
Provider, the only information we are sent is confirmation of payment. Even then
the moneys received by the Payment provider remain in Escrow for 48
At Quaffee we are trying to do our bit when it comes to the environment. As a summary here are the steps
we have taken to reduce the impact we have on our environment
- Paper All paper work we produce is on Typek Green - a 50% recycled paper. All pamphlets are
printed on paper that is recognised as having a low carbon foot print
- Recycling: Our coffee bags are a first. The first locally made fully
recycable coffee packaging.
We use no packaging gasses, or any auxilary chemicals in the process of roasting
and preparing our coffee.
We offer to recycle our packaging for our clients.
- We carefully plan routes for collection and delivery, and by doing so have reduced our kilometres travelled
by 30% at least.
- Unless we have an urgent demand, we ship our green beans by sea and south african roasted coffees by road or rail.
- We use solar power for our lights (which are all low voltage LED) and computers in the office
- Coffee grinds, from coffee consumed in the office, are used in our own compost and for mulching
- We host our site as local as possible, currently it is hosted in Edgemead
All employees of Quaffee strive to personally reduce, reuse and recycle too.
Proudly South African
In every aspect of our business we endeavour to always use product that is locally produced, and manufacturer. We
ourselves are such a business, even though we import coffee from many parts of the world below is the many ways we
have kept it local, regardless of cost implications:
- We roast our green bean locally, using as much local labour and raw material as possible
- For all our printing needs the papers are locally recycled or manufactured
- Our corporate wear is made in South Africa, using South African textiles and local labour
- Our website is hosted in South Africa, by a South African company, at last check we were the highest ranking
South Africa website dedicated to coffee that was locally hosted
- When given the choice we use local SME service providers, of internationals to promote small business growth
in South Africa
We do no subscribe to the proudly South African initiative, since this is in a form of a tax, and we feel
supporting local business is more important than a stamp you can use to advertise with.
About our web site
Our site is designed to be read.
We have packed our site with a lot of information about coffee.
From the coffee seed to fresh brewed coffee in the cup. We are interested in more people loving coffee.
Yes we have coffee machines and
for sale. But we have more information about coffee on this site and then we have pages on product and services.
The web site uses the base colours of green and brown. Green is the colour of the coffee bean after it has
been extracted from the red cherry. Brown is the colour we associate to the roasted bean, and brewed coffee.
We have made our site scalable as much as possible but most pages are better viewed in screen resolutions about 1024x768.
Our historical data illustrates that this is the most common resolution, our
website is viewed in
We have designed our website with these colours in mind. As a summary these colours have meaning:
- Green - is used to when we are expecting input from you the web user. Our menus
are green, and our contact forms are green. For selections this changes to brown when selected.
- Brown - means information, you select a green bean (or menu) to get a final product
so information will be presented in a table that is shaded in brown
Depending on your browser you may have coffee stains behind the details section of the web page.
We have added this as a tongue in cheek way of saying you should be enjoying a great cup of joe when
reading our site.
And hopefully soon you will be enjoying a great cup of Quaffee.
QUAFFEE stands for: QUAFF + coffEE, QUAlity coFFEE, or QUAffable coFFEE.
Our site is coded manually. We are not pro design tools, since we believe that function is more important than
form. We have spent a considerable amount on designing our website while still using standard cascading style
sheets (CSS), HTML and where require some ASPX. Most Java (i.e. not the place coffee was originally planted by
the Dutch) is done in analysing our visitors using Google analytics.
We have moved to a master page based website, which should mean that we can change our master pages in the future
when either feedback is provided by our clients, or the visitor foot prints changes according to the statistics we
have provided to us.
Because our site is manually coded we are not able to rely on spelling and grammar checkers, so we apologize for any oversights.
Please note that should you wish to use any part of our website it is © but we are normally happy to share information
if you give us some credit.