We are proudly South African. In every aspect of our business, we always endeavour to use products that are locally produced and manufactured. We, ourselves, are such a business, even though we import coffee from many parts of the world below is the many ways we have kept it local, regardless of cost implications:
- We roast our green bean locally, using as much local labour and raw material as possible.
- For all our printing needs, the papers are locally recycled or manufactured.
- Our website is hosted in South Africa by a South African company.
- When given a choice, we use local SME service providers to promote small business growth in South Africa.
- Our packaging is locally made, using local products that are fully recyclable
- We are always on the lookout for South African produced products, like coffee, so we can offer thee to our clients.
We do not subscribe to the proudly South African initiative, since this is in a form of a tax, and we feel supporting local business is more important than a stamp you can use to advertise with.
Exempt Micro Enterprise
Quaffee is a micro-enterprise. As part of our local is lekker philosophy, we hire locally wherever possible, and promote from within. We have great coffee lovers in our small team, who receive profit share percentages.
Since our turn-over is way less than 10 million, we qualify as an exempt micro-enterprise. This means that our BEE Level is 4.
You can download the latest EME certificate below: