There are 3 fully certified Jura workshops in South Africa. Two in Cape Town and one in Johannesburg, we use these workshops to service Jura coffee machines.
Inclusive service for dedicated clients
As an extension of our service to Jura owners who purchase coffee from us, we offer a collection and delivery service to these workshops. With our collection and delviery service we will include a swap out machine. Of course, Our valuable clients appreciate the effort we make sourcing and fresh roasted quality coffee. Consequently, these clients are regularly on our delivery route, we know their accounts history and appreciate their loyalty.
Freshness of roast and quality is a primary driver for us and them.
For Other Jura owners
If you are a Jura owner that has elected use of coffee that is not ours, there are a few issues with us extending this service to you:
- As we do not regularly deliver to you, your offices are not on a regular route. To add you into our route requires more time, and more petrol and more wear and tear on our delivery vehicle.
- If we do collect your machine, and then we lend you a machine while yours is at one of the workshops, you would use a coffee whose quality we have no control over. Therefore, all damage to the machine or extra deterioration of the machine due to the use of this coffee we cannot factor into the machine cost. In the past, this has resulted in machines being damaged beyond economic recovery.
- In addition, we have no control over the charges that workshop charges. However, we have learnt that even getting quotes for repairs is a rough estimate, with repairs sometimes costing almost double to what was quoted. We can only charge what we are charged.
However, if you would still like to use our service, then we will either come out and assess the problem for a standard call-out fee. If you want us to take the machine to the workshop on your behalf, we can provide a swap out machine.
There are two options:’
If you are Cape town based then there are two options:
- Collection of your machine, taking it to the workshop and returning it once the work has been done, OR
- Collection and return with a swap out machine. With the swap out machine, we provide 1 kg of coffee (you must use our coffee in the swap out machine).
For both options, we will pre-charge you what the workshop charges us plus R450 exclusive of VAT for option 1 or R875 exclusive of VAT for option 2. For both option you will be invoiced the charges first, and once we have proof of payment, we will proceed.
Please note that the workshop is a paper-based workshop. We cannot take responsibility for the work they do, only refer you to them.
From experience, we have learnt that quotes are more like rough estimates, so we do not quote. However, as a guideline see the Typical typical charges handed down to us by the workshop (excluding collection and delivery):
- standard service for the Jura:
- Domestic Range – from R980 exclusive of VAT
- Professional Range (W, X, Z and Giga series) – from R1,300 exclusive of VAT
- grinder replacement from R3300 exclusive of VAT
- drainage valve replacement from R350 exclusive of VAT
- insect removal from R980 exclusive of VAT
Payment and procedural notes
- Any regular coffee purchasing client, will be invoiced on return of the macnine
- All other clients take note:
- We will invoice you before collectuion of the machien for the service selected. Once we have recevied payment we will proceed.
- If we send a quyote, and it is accepted then we will invoice the repair immediately. Only once that invoice is settled will we proceed with the repiars.
- No payment no return of the coffee machine
- Any coffee equipment we lend you is to be insured under the clients’ insurance.