We have been offering Jura as a product for almost a decade and a half. Of all the models we have ever offered, the Jura E8 is the most popular. Now it has had its second upgrade. Since 2021 the current version has “A 2.8″ colour display, six buttons and an entirely new operating concept featuring artificial intelligence to enable simple handling.” – as Jura says. We also noted that it comes with the same milk frother as the S8 now.
The Jura E8 coffee machine brings the convenience of a bean-to-cup suited to the home or small to medium office. Furthermore, it adds a one-touch feature to include frothed milk automatically, rather than with the Jura E6 which is a little manual.
Specially designed for the coffee drinker who prefers milk in their coffee, this is the model for you. It does froth milk into an espresso-style brew for you. So, that within a single touch, you can get a latte or cappuccino, or at least Jura’s interpretation of what that means.
A Jura E8 can be used at home or in small offices of around 20 people.
Just a note, the marketing material claims the machine makes a flat white. Jura makes a distinction between flat white and cappuccino by determining when the milk is added. Particularly, a cappuccino, for them, is defined as milk first. While a flat white is defined as milk last. Ultimately, we at Quaffee feel this is extending a definition a little and should be noted.
Features at a Glance
A summary of the important features the Jura E8 has:
- 17 programmable preparations.
- 2.8″ TFT Display for easier use
- P.E.P. brewer
- Energy efficiency class A.
- Powder shaft – for ground coffee.
- Aroma generation 4 grinder.
- Aroma preservation cover.
- Professional milk frother V2 (hot and frothed milk).
- Intelligent filter system, that uses RFID to tell the coffee machine when to change the water filter.
- Integrated rinsing and cleaning programmes.
- Height-adjustable coffee spout, 65 – 111 mm.
- Height-adjustable cappuccino spout, 107 – 153 mm.
- 280-gram bean hopper.
- 10 steps for coffee strength.
- 3 steps of brew temperature.
- 1.9 litre tank, without filter 2 litre.
- Jura smart connect compatible.
- 28 x 35.1 x 43.9 cm.
E8 Technical Data
Like stats and numbers, dimensions and technical details then read more E8 Technical Data here.
As much as the Jura Impressa E8 is easy to use, you may want to read the manual before you buy one. In addition, if you own a Jura E8 and want an electronic copy of the manual. Hence, here is the E8 Instruction Manual for you to download and read.
As well as guiding you on how to set the machine to make your favourite coffee, the manual also covers maintenance. Including cleaning, de-calcification and general care.
Jura E8 Videos
Probably what follows is a little strong on the sales side, since this is the video marketing team at Jura put together for the Jura Impressa E8 that the:
Jura E8 Preparation Options
- 1 Flat White
- 1 latte macchiato
- 1 cappuccino
- 1 espresso macchiato
- 2 coffees
- 1 coffee
- 2 espressi
- 1 espresso
- 2 ristretti
- 1 ristretto
- Milk foam
What the internet says:
The Jura E8 is a popular super-automatic espresso machine that has many positive reviews on the internet:
- The milk froth quality: The Jura E8 produces excellent milk froth for cappuccinos and lattes. The Jura E8 uses a milk frother that attaches to a separate container by a rubber tube. While its milk froth is okay, its consistency is dependent on how often the milk system is cleaned.
- The bean and water consumption: Many people found the Jura E8 uses less coffee beans per espresso shot compared to other machines.
- The ease of cleaning: Praise is high for the Jura E8 for being easy to clean and maintain. The Jura E8 has a self-cleaning function that rinses the machine after each use, but this does not remove all the residues and oils from the brewing unit and the milk system. We note that the machine still requires regular descaling, filter changing, and manual cleaning of the brew group and the milk frother.
These are some of the things that people may say about the Jura E8.
We recommend adding: