Rancilio Silvia Pro X Home Espresso Machine is the big brother to Rancilio’s Silvia. Upgraded to be one of the most intelligent choices for the Prosumer of espresso and espresso-based beverages.
Professional level components
The Silvia has been extremely successful because of its reliability and build quality. The Pro X builds on this by adding a steam builder and the PID control that comes from their high-end consumer products. The PID is one of the most accurate on the market, and it shows. The “X” version added variable pre-infusion times and a pressure gauge to see your brew pressure.
What we like
We love the Silvia and everything we love about the Silvia you get plus extra with the Pro X. We especially love:
- The PID is super accurate and displays the brew temperature. Variance in brew temp is negligible.
- The PID temperature control doubles as a shot timer, the kind of thing you miss when you do not have it.
- Froth and brew at the same time.
- Commercial level frother.
- The layout is logical and useful.
- Water low indicator.
- Makes one great cup after another.
- Variable control pre-infusion
- Brew pressure gauge
Not so keen on
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Some issues we have with the Silvia we have here:
- Spillage tray is TOO small and is hard to remove.
- The water tank is hard to get too unless you have an open counter.
- So many pipes to remember too put back!
A great Q&A video to watch that answers most questions
Rancilio Silvia Pro X Details
- Dual copper boiler system with brass end plates.
- Advanced Dual PID control for greater temperature stability (inherited from Rancilio Commercial range).
- Vibratory pump.
- Water reservoir.
- Passive stainless-steel cup warmer.
- Low water indication system.
- Separate steam and hot water wands.
- Steam wand has 4 holes.
- Shot counter.
- Pre-infusion (variable)
- Brew-pressure valve
- Auto-off function
- Wake-up mode
- Eco-mode (puts machine into power saving mode after 30 mins of idle time).
- Steam boiler capacity: 1L.
- Brew boiler capacity: 0.3L.
- Reservoir capacity: 2.L.
- Power: 1100W (220–240V~, 50-60 Hz).
- Dimensions: 250 x 450 x 390 mm (width x depth x height)
- Work surface depth: 140 mm
- Height of the drip tray: 80-90-100 mm
- Weight: 20.0 kg.
- Comes with two complete portafilters (single and double)
- Comes with free steel tamper with black wooden handle