Espresso and more
We have always felt a specialist espresso scale is a great tool to have, but love the functions of other scales too. The Timemore Black mirror nano is tiny, but it is big enough to hold two espresso cups, a mug with a Hario v60 or even a Chemex.
With the buttons on the side space is saved for the scale’s real job, being a platform to weight things on.
What we like
We like lot to do with this scale:
- It is super small, probably the smallest scale we have seen, that is still super functional.
- It comes with all you want, weight, time and brew rate all in one.
- Uses USB-C to charge
- Easy to activate sounds if you want, but comes with silent mode.
- Switch between time and brew rate quickly.
- Port filter and protector all in one able to hold the filter well.
- Super fast
- Oh and did we mention it is super small.
- A hard off switch, great for travelling.
What we are not so keen on
We really like this scale, it will become or default recommended scale however some issues for us:
- LEDs are a little old school
- Mode switching is complicated to many taps and you sometimes seem to get stuck in the one mode.
- Seems to get dirty easily.
Timemore Black Mirror Nano Scale Details
From the horses mouth (More flavour).
- Compact, minimalist design ideal for expresso machines
- 3 automated brew modes: espresso, manual brew and flow rate (can be applied to all other modes)
- On completion, information will remain on screen, even when the cup is removed
- LED backlit display (timer / weight / battery life bar)
- Matte surface prevents reflection, scratching and water stains/fingerprints
- Water-resistant nanotech coating on surface
- Silicone pad shields rechargeable port and buttons from spills
- Flipped upside the pad supports portafilters perfectly for dry coffee weighting
- 10-hour continual use battery life
- 5 min automatic off time
- Comes with silicone mat (anti-skid and temperature resistant) & USB-cable (Type C)
- Accuracy: 0.1g (0.1g min | 2kg max)
- Weight: 230g
- Size: 100 x 115 x 20mm (W x D x H)
- Weight in 0.1g increments (0.1g min | 2.0kg max)
- Surface Temperature Resistance: -10°C to 60°C or -20°C to 100°C with Silicone Pad
- USB recharging 1600mAh battery for (USB type-C)