Behmor Brazen Plus
The Brazen Plus brew system has some unique features seldom found in an auto and manual drip coffee maker market. The brewer has adjustable settings for water brewing temperature and pre-soak soak time. Additionally, the shower head pulses water flow though a dispersed number of jets, improving coffee bed saturation.
The coffee machine has an auto mode, and manual mode, so you can brew the way you like. Use the included gold mesh filter or remove that and add a paper filter, you decide.
What we love
- Adjustable pre-brew / bloom time, this is a must.
- Boils all the water in one go.
- Large shower head with 30 nozzles, that pulse, producing a flat bed.
- The gold filter works well (a little sediment) and makes a more intense coffee.
- We used with Kalita paper filters (185) (for the 0.9 litre setting) and it worked well.
- Beeps when finished.
- Removable screen for extra protection, preventing foreign particles from getting into the brew.
- A full manual mode. You set the temp it boils the water, you press manual to start the pour, press again to stop. It then starts a counter, so you can see how long between you next pour. We have used with Hario V60 and Kalita Wave. For Chemex, there was a clearance issue for the 6 and 8 cup version.
- Coffee tastes great with and without paper filter brew, and we loved the manual mode.
- Can start heating the water while weighing and grinding the coffee.
- Calibration mode to get the temperature setting adjusted to your requirement.
- Solid build.
What we are not so keen on
- It is quite large, wider than the Moccamaster.
- The thermal carafe looks good, but is messy to use. The Open-close arrows do not seem to match. Found it easier just to remove the top to get a good pour.
We have been using a Moccamaster for years, it will be retired.
- Capacity: 1.2 Litre / 8 cups
- Temperature Control: Set brewing temperature from 190F-210F (90C-99C)
- Programmable Brew Start Time: Wake up to coffee with timed brew setting
- Universal System Power Boards with faster Micro Controller data refresh
- Coffee grounds are fully saturated thanks to oversized shower head and pulsing of the water flow.
- Elevation calibration: System temperature calibration with altitude correction. This is designed top adjust your brew temperature based on elevation to achieve a cup of hot coffee no matter how far you brew above sea level.
- Thermal carafe with brew through lid keeps coffee hot (SCA approved)
- Pre-soak setting allows the coffee to bloom before brewing for improved flavour extraction.
- Stainless-steel water reservoir with removable water screen.
- Permanent gold filter included, or use paper filters (10 cups for max benefit/ extraction)
- Pulse-Brewing: You can emulate professional equipment and manual pour-over techniques.
- Memory save: Settings remain, even if the power goes out. (for those load shedding moments).
- Sleep mode: Saves power when not in use.
- Auto and manual mode.
- Boils all the water first, then brews.
Box: 267 x 267 x 438 mm, weight: 4.5 Kg
Product: 229 x 228 x 388 mm, weight: 3.6 Kg
Certifications: UL, CSA, SAA, CE, GS, GCC Approved. The Brazen Plus 3.0 is certified by the Specialty Coffee Association of America to meet their exacting standards.
Quaffee Training video
Read all the reviews from Google here…